Fessman Operative/ Kitchen Operative
Why 2 Sisters?
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK's largest food manufacturer, with an annual turnover of £2.5 billion+, over 17,000 employees and covering more than 20 Sites.
This role sites within our Meals Division, where we live by our mantra of 'Making Every Meal Moment Special'. We have 5 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation, from ready meals to iced fingers.. we love our food and we love our people. It is a team where everyone counts. We empower you with trust and give you the freedom to deliver. We 'do what we say' and accept accountability which allows our customers to trust us to create great tasting, innovative, and quality meal solutions.
Our Newport site based in Rogerstone is one of the largest and most advanced food manufacturing facilities in Europe, with over 1500 employees, turning over £140 million per year. This is a fantastic opportunity for a you to join this highly successful site.
You will report to the Department Team Manager and the shift pattern will be based on our Monthly rotation which consists of:
Team 2 Monthly Rotation: 3 weeks working 3 x 12 hours, 1 week working 4 x 12 hours (rotating days & nights 05.00-17.00/17.00-05.00)
3 Night shifts, 3 Rest days, 4 Day Shifts, 7 Rest Days , 3 Night Shifts , 4 Rest days, 3 Days shifts , 1 Rest day
Prepare raw materials for further processing and cooking in the low care environment whilst adhering to food safety standards and controlling Critical Control Points (CCPs) by ensuring products are prepared and cooked to customer requirements within a set time frame.
When working in the high care environment employees will be responsible for checking quality and transporting cooked material to the chilling process and monitoring temperatures to ensure products are chilled in a set time frame and food safety standards are met.These processes are key to supply the high care assembly lines with top quality products to be packed and dispatched to customer.
- Machinery operation
- Taking product temperatures
- Paperwork completion
- Operation of ovens
- Stock rotation
- Following product specification documents
Health and Safety
- Have responsibility for H&S within area
- Responsible for adherence to H&S policy
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- You must be able to work without direct supervision, be self-motivated, and have a real desire to get the right result.
- Ability to complete paperwork when required
- Good communicator and have the ability to influence.
- Experience of working in a team
- Have a good understanding of production
- Clean as you go mentality
- Adhere to quality standards
If this job sounds like you, come join us and be a part of driving the success of 2 Sisters.
What you'll get in return?
- On site parking
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform
- On site canteen serving hot meals including night shift
- Be a part of the Pride and Passion Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
2 Sisters Food Group