About RF Brookes
RF Brookes is part of the 2 Sisters Food Group, based at Rogerstone, Newport, we are a large food manufacturer creating high quality meals for our customers employing 1700 employees. As we continue to grow we have a number of vacancies which we hope will be of interest to you and offer a career path within food manufacturing.
You will report to the Hygiene Manager and the shift pattern will be based on our 7-Day Fortnight with alternating weekends which consists of:
Week 1: 17:00hrs - 04:00hrs, Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
Week 2: 17:00hrs - 04:00hrs, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
- To work as a team, undertaking tasks to achieve the daily plan and assist the business in maintaining high standards of GMP.
- Cleaning and sanitation of all production equipment ensuring production line start up times are met.
- Cleaning and sanitation of production machinery.
- Adhering to Health and Safety Policies and ensuring safe systems of work are being followed
- Completing Hygiene Records.
- Completing daily, weekly and periodic cleans of machinery and production room fabrication
- Ensure area/ line is up to visit standards at all time
- Recycling – ensure all recyclable materials are put in the correct colour waste bins
- Ensuring Cleaning specifications are followed at all times, enabling quality standards to be achieved.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- You must be able to work without direct supervision, be self-motivated, and have a real desire to get the right result.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business.
- Committed, disciplined and well organised.
- Ability to complete paperwork when required
- Experience of working in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Clean as you go mentality
- Must develop a basic knowledge of use of Metal Detection within the factory
- Understanding of the fundamentals of food production and HACCP controls
- Previous experience in production would be advantageous Chemical experience preferred
- COSSH experience preferred
If this job sounds like you, come join us and be a part of driving the success of 2 Sisters.
What can we offer?
- Holidays – dependent on shift pattern 33 days per annum (pro-rata for different shifts)
- On-site parking
- Subsidised Canteen – operating day and night
- Staff Shop facility
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hapi Benefits – Discount at many retailers
- Wellbeing support
- Pay Rate includes paid breaks
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
2 Sisters Food Group