Why 2 Sisters?
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK's largest food manufacturer, with an annual turnover of £2.5 billion+, over 17,000 employees and covering more than 20 Sites.
This role sites within our Meals Division, where we live by our mantra of 'Making Every Meal Moment Special'. We have 5 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation, from ready meals to iced fingers.. we love our food and we love our people. It is a team where everyone counts. We empower you with trust and give you the freedom to deliver. We 'do what we say' and accept accountability which allows our customers to trust us to create great tasting, innovative, and quality meal solutions.
Our Newport site based in Rogerstone is one of the largest and most advanced food manufacturing facilities in Europe, with over 1500 employees, turning over £140 million per year. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Operative to join this highly successful site.
You will report to the Factory Shift Manager and the shift pattern will be based on our 7-Day Fortnight with alternating weekends which consists of:
Week 1: 7:00am - 6:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Friday and 7:00am - 6:30pm Saturday
Week 2: 7:00am - 6:30pm, Sunday, 7:00pm - 6:00pm, Wednesday and 06:45am - 6:00pm, Thursday
- To work as a team, undertaking tasks to achieve the daily plan.
- Weighing products to the correct specification
- Follow clean as you go at all times
- Ensure area/ line is up to visit standards at all time
- Recycling – ensure all recyclable materials are put in the correct colour waste bins
- Ensure correct PPE is worn at all times
- Ensuring customer specifications are followed at all times, enabling quality standards to be achieved.
- If you notice any defects with the product/ material, then stop the line immediately and inform the line QA and team manager of the line
Health & Safety
- Ensure safe systems of work & work instructions are being followed at all times
- Correct manual handling techniques are adhered to
The Ideal Candidate
Communication and Influencing
Able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience.
Understands the customer better than anyone else in the food business. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders.
Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals.
Puts the team first. Owns results of self and team. Inspires others to follow through involvement, coaching, setting direction and performance standards.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications: Essential
You must be able to work without direct supervision, be self-motivated, and have a real desire to get the right result.
- Ability to complete paperwork when required
- Good communicator and the have the ability to influence.
- Experience of working in a team
- Have a good understanding of production
- Clean as you go mentality
- Adhere to quality standards
- Must develop a basic knowledge of use of Metal Detection within the factory
- Understanding of the fundamentals of food production and HACCP controls
- Machine knowledge (although full training will be given).
If this job sounds like you, come join us and be a part of driving the success of 2 Sisters.
What you'll get in return?
- On site parking
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform
- On site canteen serving hot meals including night shift
- Be a part of the Pride and Passion Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
2 Sisters Food Group