About RF Brookes
RF Brookes is part of the 2 Sisters food group, based at Rogerstone, Newport, we are a large food manufacturer creating high quality meals for our customers employing 1700 employees. As we continue to grow we have a number of vacancies which we hope will be of interest to you and offer a career path within food manufacturing.
You will report to the Factory Shift Manager and the shift pattern will be Sunday to Wednesday 08:00-18:00
- To work as a team, undertaking tasks to achieve the daily plan.
- Weighing products to the correct specification
- Follow clean as you go at all times
- Ensure area/ line is up to visit standards at all time
- Recycling – ensure all recyclable materials are put in the correct colour waste bins
- Ensure correct PPE is worn at all times
- Ensuring customer specifications are followed at all times, enabling quality standards to be achieved.
- If you notice any defects with the product/ material, then stop the line immediately and inform the line QA and team manager of the line
Health & Safety
- Ensure safe systems of work & work instructions are being followed at all times
- Correct manual handling techniques are adhered to
The Ideal Candidate
The food manufacturing industry is fast paced, so we require pace and agility along with resilience to ensure we continue to exceed our customers expectations. If you can multitask focusing on today with an eye on tomorrow then you may have the skills we require. As our company is customer focused so it is key that we understand the ever increasing quality standards and partner with the business to plan ahead in anticipation, therefore you will need to be self-motivated, detail focused, a great communicator and a good team player.
Knowledge of the food industry is an advantage but transferable skills are appreciated so if you have a can do attitude, attention to detail and a desire to ensure high quality your very welcome to apply as training will be provided to help you develop yourself and your career.
Communication and Influencing
Able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience.
Understands the customer better than anyone else in the food business. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders.
Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals.
Puts the team first. Owns results of self and team. Inspires others to follow through involvement, coaching, setting direction and performance standards.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications: Essential
You must be able to work without direct supervision, be self-motivated, and have a real desire to get the right result.
- Ability to complete paperwork when required
- Good communicator and the have the ability to influence.
- Experience of working in a team
- Have a good understanding of production
- Clean as you go mentality
- Adhere to quality standards
- Must develop a basic knowledge of use of Metal Detection within the factory
- Understanding of the fundamentals of food production and HACCP controls
- Machine knowledge (although full training will be given).
If this job sounds like you, come join us and be a part of driving the success of 2 Sisters.
What you'll get in return?
- On site parking
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform
- On site canteen serving hot meals including night shift
- Be a part of the Pride and Passion Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
2 Sisters Food Group