Reporting to: Factory Shift Manager
|7 day fortnight, weekdays 07.00-18.00, Thursday 06.45-18.00, weekends 07.00-18.30|
At RF Brookes we advertise an equivalent pay rate as we want to be transparent– we have adjusted our pay rate of £10.31 to reflect the fact that we pay breaks so that you can compare us like for like with companies that do not pay breaks. So to clarify when you work for us your pay rate looks lower at £9.98 as we pay you for breaks
We also pay the following
- Plus a £10 attendance bonus for every night shift
- Plus a £10 attendance bonus for every Saturday and Sunday Worked
*Terms and conditions apply*
About RF Brookes
RF Brookes is part of the 2 Sisters food group, based at Rogerstone, Newport, we are a large food manufacturer creating high quality meals for our customers employing 1700 employees. As we continue to grow we have a number of vacancies which we hope will be of interest to you and offer a career path within food manufacturing.
About the role
In your role as QA you will be responsible for ensuring our lines are set up correctly, our processes monitored and our quality standards are adhered to. In this key role you will ensure we comply to food safety guidelines, complete the associated paperwork and ensure our Operational performance meets our customers high quality expectations
- Ensure the lines are set up correctly
- Processes are monitored
- Product Quality Standards are adhered to
- Food safety and product quality are complied with
- Any non-conformances and issues are reported to the manager
- Complete relevant paperwork and reports
Health and Safety
- Have responsibility for H&S within area
- Responsible for adherence to H&S policy
The Ideal Candidate
The food manufacturing industry is fast paced, so we require pace and agility along with resilience to ensure we continue to exceed our customers expectations. If you can multitask focusing on today with an eye on tomorrow then you may have the skills we require to fulfil a role as QA. As our company is customer focussed so it is key that we understand the ever increasing quality standards and partner with the business to plan ahead in anticipation, therefore you will need to be self-motivated, detail focussed, a great communicator and a good team player.
Knowledge of the food industry is an advantage but transferable skills are appreciated so if you have a can do attitude, attention to detail and a desire to ensure high quality your very welcome to apply as training will be provided to help you develop yourself and your career.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- You must be able to work without direct supervision, be self motivated, and have a real desire to get the right result.
- Ability to complete paperwork when required
- Good communicator and the have the ability to influence.
- Experience of working in a team
- Have a good understanding of production
- Clean as you go mentality
- Adhere to quality standards
- Understanding of the fundamentals of food production and HACCP controls
- Knowledge on use of Metal Detection and how to use Metal Detectors/X-rays for timed chec
If this job sounds like you, come join us and be a part of driving the success of 2 Sisters.
- Holidays – dependent on shift pattern 33 days per annum (pro-rata for different shifts)
- On-site parking
- Subsidised Canteen – operating day and night
- Staff Shop facility
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hapi Benefits – Discount at many retailers
- Wellbeing support
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
2 Sisters Food Group