Why 2 Sisters?
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK's largest food manufacturer, with an annual turnover of £2.5 billion+, over 17,000 employees and covering more than 20 Sites.
This role sites within our Meals Division, where we live by our mantra of 'Making Every Meal Moment Special'. We have 5 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation, from ready meals to iced fingers.. we love our food and we love our people. It is a team where everyone counts. We empower you with trust and give you the freedom to deliver. We 'do what we say' and accept accountability which allows our customers to trust us to create great tasting, innovative, and quality meal solutions.
Our Newport site based in Rogerstone is one of the largest and most advanced food manufacturing facilities in Europe, with over 1500 employees, turning over £140 million per year. This is a fantastic opportunity for a you to join this highly successful site.
You will report to the Department Team Manager and the shift pattern will be based on our
Monday-Friday or Sunday-Thursday 11.30pm-07.00am, Thursday 11:30pm-7.15am
Role Definition: You will be responsible for driving the effective and efficient performance of your designated line/area as part of the line crew.
Material and Labour controls
- Responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Examples of which would be plan attainment, customer service, OEE.
- Use of Lean tools to drive performance of line / areas
- Responsible for driving individuals performance on the line
- Monitoring timekeeping and attendance, ensuring completion of RTW interviews and escalation of issues to the Factory Shift Manager
- Identification and development of key skills within the area to ensure succession planning
- Supporting new starters to integrate into the area and ensure they understand expectations
- To be responsible for product quality, technical integrity and food safety through GMP, adherence to specification and processing parameters of the line.
- To maximise GMP performance for the area escalating any issues outside of your control with proposed solutions as appropriate.
- To assist with quality investigations as required
Health and Safety
Responsible for Health and Safety within area and ensuring team adherence to H&S policy
- Proactive identification of H&S hazards within zone, supporting and ensuring that all actions are closed off on time including corrective actions following incidents/audits/accidents.
- Supporting with training on SSOW and SOP’s
- Assisting in achievement of reduction of utility usage and correct waste disposal
Ensuring systems are in place at the end of shift for sign off to handover to hygiene
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required: Essential
- Ability to develop and coach a team of direct reports
- Experience of driving and delivering targets and KPI’s
- People Management skills – experience of managing performance, managing area training, motivating and leading teams, leading by example, effective communication (at all levels).
Must have strong interpersonal skills, able to drive changes and sustainable improvement
- Team Player – support peers/team, support departments particularly through peak periods and holidays.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast moving environment.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of food production and HACCP controls
- Supervisory experience ideally in FMCG and ideally with a minimum of one year within chilled food environment
- ILM or equivalent 1st line management qualification
- Train the trainer qualification
If this job sounds like you, come join us and be a part of driving the success of 2 Sisters.
What you'll get in return?
- On site parking
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform
- On site canteen serving hot meals including night shift
- Be a part of the Pride and Passion Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
2 Sisters Food Group