Why 2 Sisters?
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK's largest food manufacturer, with an annual turnover of £2.5 billion+, over 17,000 employees and covering more than 20 Sites.
This role sites within our Meals Division, where we live by our mantra of 'Making Every Meal Moment Special'. We have 5 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation, from ready meals to iced fingers.. we love our food and we love our people. It is a team where everyone counts. We empower you with trust and give you the freedom to deliver. We 'do what we say' and accept accountability which allows our customers to trust us to create great tasting, innovative, and quality meal solutions.
Our Newport site based in Rogerstone is one of the largest and most advanced food manufacturing facilities in Europe, with over 1500 employees, turning over £140 million per year. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this highly successful site.
You will report to the Department Team Manager and the shift pattern will be based on our with alternating Night shift which consists of:
Sunday to Thursday or Monday to Friday 11.30pm-07.00am, Thursday 11:30pm-7.15am
- Set up and operate any piece of machinery within your area to the safety and control standards
- Ensure all documentation is completed
- Ensures the line runs at the optimum run rate with minimum downtime and waste
- Ensure the equipment and surrounding area is free from any debris
- Carry out all change overs with speed, accuracy and attention to detail
- In the event of a breakdown respond and follow the escalation procedure
- Ensure all stoppages / breakdowns are recorded / reported
- Ensure all required repairs are reported and recorded
- Assist in the production throughput when required to do so
- Assist in hitting daily targets and KPI’s
- Take an active interest in the line performance
Health and Safety
- Have responsibility for H&S within area
- Responsible for adherence to H&S policy
The Ideal Candidate
Never gives up. Relentless, proactive focus on reducing business costs. Good knowledge of own numbers and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked.
Use thinking skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan. Can balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals.
Communication and Influencing
Able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience.
Understands the customer better than anyone else in the food business. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders.
Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals.
Puts the team first. Owns results of self and team. Inspires others to follow through involvement, coaching, setting direction and performance standards.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications: Essential *
- Have a mechanical aptitude
- Have a ‘Can do’ attitude*
- Man management skills*
- Promote team working
- Flexible, honest, and reliable
- Numeracy and literacy skills
*Hands-on practical experience
*Understanding of the fundamentals of food production
- You must be able to work without direct supervision, be self motivated, and have a real desire to get the right result.
- Ability to complete paperwork when required
- Good communicator and the have the ability to influence.
- Experience of working in a team
- Have a good understanding of production
- Clean as you go mentality
- Adhere to quality standards
If this job sounds like you, come join us and be a part of driving the success of 2 Sisters.
What you'll get in return?
- On site parking
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform
- On site canteen serving hot meals including night shift
- Be a part of the Pride and Passion Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Throughout your time at RF Brookes, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
2 Sisters Food Group